COVID-19 – 11 August UPDATE 1
I hope you and your family are safe and well in our current lockdown. The ongoing challenge of COVID-19 lockdowns, and remote and online learning has implications for all of us, however, as a community we are resilient, and we are aware of how to continue to operate successfully – despite the hard work this entails.
As you would have heard, the Victorian Government has announced an extended lockdown until midnight on Thursday 19 August. Remote and Online Learning will continue for our students and teachers until then.
If your child is missing any resources needed for their learning, please contact the College so that they are not further disadvantaged. We have a system in place that works. When arriving at the College, please proceed to the Administration Office rather than going straight to the relevant building, and check in using the contact tracing check-in (QR Code). Be sure to wear a mask at all times.
By now, you will be aware of our processes and procedures, however should anything remain unclear, our documentation explaining how Remote and Online Learning works at MacKillop College can be found in SEQTA Engage.
Those families whose children require onsite supervision for remote and online learning are asked to email email@example.com to inform me (with a minimum of 24 hours prior to your child’s attendance).
Onsite supervision is available for students according to the following criteria:
- Students whose parents/guardians are authorised workers who cannot work from home and where no other supervision arrangement can be made
- Vulnerable students, including:
- Students in out-of-home care
- Students deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home.
Given the extended lockdown, some VCE SACs will now be completed remotely.
The following College events have also been cancelled or postponed. Further advice regarding rescheduled dates will be released when available:
- 10 August – Year 9 (2022) Information Evening cancelled
- 11 August to 13 August – Year 10 Outdoor (Group A & B) postponed to 14-16 September
- 12 August – SACCSS Senior Boys Soccer (Round 4) postponed TBA
- 12 August – SACCSS Senior Girls Soccer (Round 4) cancelled
- 12 August – SACCSS Senior Boys Basketball (Round 2) cancelled
- 13 August – Year 9 (SMC) Wellbeing Day postponed TBA
- 17 August – Year 9 Premier League (Round 6) postponed to 7 September
- 17 August – MacKillop Rocks – Battle of the Bands postponed TBA
- 18 August to 20 August – Year 11 Outdoor Education postponed to 14-16 September
- 21 August – 50 Year Gala Dinner cancelled
- 24 August – Year 8 Wellbeing (Session 3) postponed to 13 September 1ab
- 24 August – Year 9 Premier League (Round 7) postponed to 14 September 3ab
- 25 August – SACCSS Senior Basketball Grand Finals cancelled.
Information regarding events yet to be scheduled will be shared when available.
With this lockdown extended, we thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
Stay safe. God bless.