COVID-19 – 5 August UPDATE 2
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As anticipated, the announcement of another snap lockdown has been made, and we must once again respond to best protect the health and safety of our community. As we’ve just returned from lockdown last week, I know the continuous change is something we’ve learnt how to deal with.
The Victorian Government has stated that the lockdown will commence at 8:00pm tonight (Thursday 5 August), and will remain in place for seven days.
Remote Learning will begin for students tomorrow, Friday 6 August.
As stated in my previous communication, all students were asked to take home their laptops and learning materials with them, however, in consideration of a longer than anticipated lockdown, if your child needs to access anything from their lockers e.g. textbooks, laptops etc. please contact the College Administration Office to arrange an appointment time when you can come into the College. This will ensure relevant staff are available to supervise the process.
St Mary’s Campus will be open from 8:30am until 10:00am and again from 3:00pm until 4:30pm on Friday 6 August only.
When arriving at the College, can students please proceed to the Administration Office rather than going straight to the relevant building, wear a mask and check in using the contact tracing check-in (QR Code). Can parents/guardians please support us by remaining in your cars.
As always, documentation explaining how Remote and Online Learning works at MacKillop College can be found in SEQTA Engage. Should additional assistance be required, please contact the College.
Those families requiring onsite supervision for remote learning are asked to email email@example.com to inform us. On-site supervision is available for students according to the following criteria:
- Students whose parents/guardians are authorised workers who cannot work from home and where no other supervision arrangement can be made
- Vulnerable students, including:
- Students in out-of-home care
- Students deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home.
The following College events will need to be cancelled or postponed. Further advice regarding rescheduling will be released as soon as practicable:
- St Mary’s Campus Werribee South Tours
- SACCSS Senior Futsal
- Year 9 Premier League (Round 5)
- SACCSS Senior Girls Basketball (Round 4)
- Year 10 Outdoor Education Camp – Marysville
- The General Achievement Test (GAT).
Further information will be shared as it comes to hand.
Stay safe. God bless.