Safer Internet Day 2022 / Access to eSafety Webinars
Safer Internet Day is celebrated on Tuesday 8 February and this year MacKillop College is once again bringing the theme of ‘Play it Fair Online’ to the attention of the students. The theme provided the opportunity to remind students to:
- Be respectful and consider others when online. There is no place for abuse, hate or discrimination in any aspect of life.
- Be a kind and positive role model. Treat people with kindness, respect and understanding while online.
- Be resilient and not let a bad online experience get you down. Stay strong and get the right support so you can bounce back as soon as you’re ready.
- Be prepared to ask for help, as everyone needs support. Reach out to family and friends, or talk to the eSafety team if anything goes wrong online.
- Be safe: staying happy and healthy, avoiding situations that pose risks to yourself or others online.
- Be responsible and show respect online. Think how your actions might affect others.
- Be an ‘upstander’ and help others when they experience abuse online, by showing support and speaking up if it is safe to do so.
The eSafety commissioner offers free webinars to parents and guardians to assist in the developing of knowledge and to provide tools for supporting students in participating in safe online experiences. These webinars cover a range of topics over the year and can be located at https://www.esafety.gov.au/parents/webinars.
Click here for an information sheet designed to cover any more information regarding the webinars.